ISL Final Prediction – Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs. Mumbai City FC, May 4

With home advantage and the recent win over MCFC, Mohun Bagan has a slight edge in this match.

Home / Sports Predictions / Football Predictions / ISL Final Prediction – Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs. Mumbai City FC, May 4

Teams: Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs. Mumbai City FC

Stadium: Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan Stadium

SeriesIndia Super League (ISL)

Hours of play: 19:30

Match day: Saturday, May 4, 2024

Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs. Mumbai City FC Betting Odds

Mohun Bagan Super Giant Draw Mumbai City FC

Probable Starting 11

Mohun Bagan

ForwardsDimitri Petratos9
Jason Cummings35
Manvir Singh11
Liston Colaco17
MidfieldersHéctor Yuste26
Joni Kauko8
Anirudh Thapa7
DefendersSubashish Bose15
Anwar Ali4
Deepak Tangri22
GoalkeeperVishal Kaith1

Mumbai City

ForwardsJayesh Rane20
Jorge Rolando Pereyra Díaz30
Lallianzuala Chhangte7
Vikram Pratap Singh6
MidfieldersThaer Krouma35
Mehtab Singh5
Yoëll van Nieff8
Lalengmawia Lalengmawia45
DefendersJosé Luis Espinosa Arroyo4
Rahul Bheke2
GoalkeeperPhurba Tempa Lachenpa1

Teams Head to Head: Recent Matches

DateTeam 1ScoreTeam 2
Apr 15, 2024ATK Mohun Bagan2-1Mumbai City
Dec 20, 2023Mumbai City2-1ATK Mohun Bagan
Jan 14, 2023ATK Mohun Bagan0-1Mumbai City
Nov 6, 2022Mumbai City2-2ATK Mohun Bagan
Feb 3, 2022Mumbai City1-1ATK Mohun Bagan
Dec 1, 2021ATK Mohun Bagan1-5Mumbai City
Mar 13, 2021Mumbai City2-1ATK Mohun Bagan
Feb 28, 2021Mumbai City2-0ATK Mohun Bagan
Jan 11, 2021ATK Mohun Bagan0-1Mumbai City

Teams Recent Performance 

Last 5 Games of Mohun Bagan

DateLeagueHome TeamScoreAway Team
06/04/24ISLPunjab0 – 1Mohun Bagan
11/04/24ISLBengaluru0 – 4Mohun Bagan
15/04/24ISLMohun Bagan2 – 1Mumbai City
23/04/24ISLOdisha2 – 1Mohun Bagan
28/04/24ISLMohun Bagan2 – 0Odisha

Last 5 Games of Mumbai City

DateLeagueHome TeamScoreAway Team
01/04/24ISLHyderabad0 – 3Mumbai City
08/04/24ISLMumbai City2 – 1Odisha
15/04/24ISLMohun Bagan2 – 1Mumbai City
24/04/24ISLGoa2 – 3Mumbai City
29/04/24ISLMumbai City2 – 0Goa

Topscorers Statistics in ISL 2023/2024

Mohun Bagan

PlayerGoalsPenalty Goals
J. Cummings110
D. Petratos102
A. Sadiku80
L. Colaco40
M. Singh40

Mumbai City

PlayerGoalsPenalty Goals
L. Chhangte101
J. Pereyra Díaz92
V. Partap Singh81
Iker Guarrotxena30
B. Singh30

General Statistics

Mohun BaganMumbai City
Matches played241212241212
Goals for502426472324
Goals against281612211011
Clean sheets9451046
Avg. goals scored p/m2.0822.171.961.922
Avg. goals conceded p/m1.171.3310.880.830.92
Avg. time 1st goal scored31m32m31m49m45m53m
Avg. time 1st goal conced.33m34m32m40m48m32m
Failed to score211312
Biggest victory4 – 03 – 04 – 04 – 04 – 14 – 0
Biggest defeat1 – 41 – 41 – 20 – 22 – 30 – 2

Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs. Mumbai City FC: Winning Prediction

Mumbai City FC will travel to face Mohun Bagan Super Giant on Saturday, May 4. Both teams are currently out of the relegation zone and are aiming to finish the season as high as possible in the Indian Super League table.

In their last meeting in the Indian Super League, Mohun Bagan defeated Mumbai City 2-1 at Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan Stadium in April. Liston Colaco scored first for Mohun Bagan in the 28th minute, followed by Jason Cummings. Lallianzuala Chhangte scored for Mumbai City in the 89th minute.

Cummings and Dimitri Petratos have been standout performers for Mohun Bagan this season. Cummings is the team’s top scorer with 11 goals, tied for the third-highest in the league in 2023/2024. Petratos has scored 10 goals, including four opening goals in matches.

In their last six league matches, Mohun Bagan have won four and lost two. Mumbai City, on the other hand, have won five and lost one in their last six matches.

Advantage of Mohun Bagan

  • League Shield Winners: MB finished the season on top, clinching their first-ever ISL Shield. This winning momentum and home-ground advantage at Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan can be a significant boost.
  • Head-to-Head: In their last encounter, MB defeated MCFC 2-1 in a close match that decided the League Shield. This recent victory can provide psychological superiority.

Mumbai City’s Fightback

  • Strong Contenders: Though finishing second, MCFC shouldn’t be underestimated. They were neck-and-neck with MB throughout the season, showcasing their fighting spirit.
  • Experience: MCFC has experience playing in high-pressure ISL finals, having won the championship twice before. This experience can be crucial in handling the big-match atmosphere.

Statistical Insights

  • Attack: Both teams boast impressive attacks. MB has the league’s top scorer, while MCFC has a well-balanced attack. Expect an end-to-end encounter.
  • Defense: MB’s defense has been slightly more resolute this season, conceding fewer goals. However, MCFC’s defensive organization shouldn’t be overlooked.


This is a tough call. Both teams are evenly matched, and the outcome could hinge on a few key moments. However, with home advantage and the recent win over MCFC, Mohun Bagan has a slight edge. Their passionate home crowd could be the deciding factor. However, Mumbai City’s attacking prowess cannot be ignored.

Final Verdict: Mohun Bagan has a 55% chance of winning, with Mumbai City trailing at 45%.

India Super League (ISL) Table on 02/05/2024

1Mohun Bagan22153447262148
2Mumbai City22145342192347
5Kerala Blasters2210393231133
7NorthEast United226883034-426
9East Bengal2266102729-224

* MP – Matches Played; W – Wins; D – Draws; L – Losses; F – Goals For (the number of goals the team has scored); A – Goals Against (the number of goals the team has conceded); D – Goals Difference (Goals scored – Goals conceded); P – Points.

lottabet banner 728x90

Report About Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan Stadium

The Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan (VYBK), also known as the Salt Lake Stadium, is a multi-purpose stadium located in Salt Lake City, Kolkata. It was established on 25th January 1984. The current seating capacity is 68,000 spectators, but prior to renovations in 2011, it accommodated 120,000. Before the construction of Rungrado May Day Stadium in 1989, it held the title of the world’s largest football stadium.

The stadium’s record attendance was in 1997 when 134,000 spectators witnessed the Federation Cup semifinal between East Bengal and Mohun Bagan. The field size is 105 m × 68 m, and the surface transitioned back to natural grass from artificial turf in preparation for hosting the U-17 World Cup.

It serves as the home ground for various football clubs, including Mohun Bagan, East Bengal, and Mohammedan. The stadium hosted the final match of the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup, along with other tournament matches.

Named after Swami Vivekananda, the stadium is operated by the Department of Youth Services & Sports, Government of West Bengal. At one point, it held the fifth-largest seating capacity among sports stadiums in Asia.

About Indian Super League (ISL)

The Indian Super League (ISL) is the men’s highest level of the Indian football league system. It was founded on 21 October 2013 with the aim of growing the sport of football in India and increasing its exposure in the country. The league is co-promoted by Reliance, Star India, and supported by the All India Football Federation (AIFF).

The ISL began play in October 2014 with eight teams. During its first three seasons, the competition operated without official recognition from the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), which is the governing body for the sport in Asia. It was structured along the same lines as the Indian Premier League, the country’s premier Twenty20 franchise-based cricket competition. Each season lasted just three months, from October to December, and matches were held daily.

However, before the 2017–18 season, the league expanded to ten teams, extended its schedule to six months, and earned recognition from the AFC. The season runs from September to March and includes a 22-round regular season followed by playoffs involving the top six teams, culminating with the ISL Final to determine the champions. At the end of the regular season, the team with the most points is declared the premiers and presented with the League Winners’ Shield.

Currently, the league comprises 12 clubs. ISL clubs gain qualification to the Asian continental club competitions; regular-season premiers qualify directly for the subsequent season’s AFC Cup group stage. The league has received unmatched visibility in a short span of time and is speculated to be one of the top-tier leagues in India after the I-League.

Rudra Chanda