I-League Match Prediction Aizawl FC vs. Mohammedan Sporting Club, Feb 10

Mohammedan Sporting Club have a 60% chance of winning this match.

Home / Sports Predictions / Football Predictions / I-League Match Prediction Aizawl FC vs. Mohammedan Sporting Club, Feb 10

Match Details 

Teams: Aizawl FC vs. Mohammedan Sporting Club

Stadium: Rajiv Gandhi Stadium, Hyderabad, Telangana, India

SeriesI-League

Hours of play: 19:00

Match day: Saturday, February 10, 2024

Probable Starting 11

Aizawl FC (4-3-3)

  • Goalkeeper: Lalremruata (Experienced shot-stopper with good reflexes)
  • Defenders: Lalrinliana (Solid left-back), Aiban Dohling (Central defender, good aerial threat), Lalhmachhana (Right-back, attacking presence), Lalrinzauva (Left-wing-back, energetic)
  • Midfielders: Lalremsanga (Defensive midfielder, key for breaking up play), David Lalmalsawm (Central midfielder, good passing range), Lalrinliana Hmingthan (Attacking midfielder, creative spark)
  • Forwards: Paul Zakari (Left winger, pace and directness), Rochharzela (Striker, clinical finisher), Lalhmunmawia (Right winger, trickery and dribbling)
Aizawl FC india

Mohammedan (4-2-3-1)

  • Goalkeeper: Akash Mondal (Young, agile keeper with good distribution)
  • Defenders: Subhajit Sarkar (Left-back, experienced and reliable), Gurjinder Singh (Central defender, strong in the air), Mohammed Suhail (Central defender, ball-playing defender), Shaiban Ahmed (Right-back, overlapping runs)
  • Midfielders: Hira Mondal (Defensive midfielder, tenacious tackler), Juan Mascia (Central midfielder, playmaker), Sujit Sadhu (Attacking midfielder, long-range shooting)
  • Forwards: Suraj Kumar (Left winger, skilful and direct), Marcus Joseph (Striker, aerial threat and clinical finishing), Pritam Kumar (Right winger, pace and crossing)
Mohammedan FC India

Teams Head to Head: Recent Matches 

DateTeam 1ScoreTeam 2
Oct 29, 2023Mohammedan2 – 1Aizawl
Jan 26, 2023Aizawl1 – 0Mohammedan
Jan 13, 2023Mohammedan2 – 2Aizawl
Mar 3, 2022Aizawl0 – 2Mohammedan
Feb 18, 2021Aizawl3 – 0Mohammedan
May 9, 2015Mohammedan2 – 4Aizawl
Apr 4, 2015Aizawl2 – 1Mohammedan

Teams Recent Performance 

Last 5 Games of Aizawl FC

DateLeagueHome TeamScoreAway Team
02/12/23I-LReal Kashmir0 – 0Aizawl
07/12/23I-LTRAU1 – 5Aizawl
10/12/23I-LShillong Lajong0 – 3Aizawl
16/12/23I-LAizawl1 – 1Gokulam Kerala
21/12/23I-LAizawl1 – 1Inter Kashi

Last 5 Games of Mohammedan

DateLeagueHome TeamScoreAway Team
08/12/23I-LMohammedan1 – 1Gokulam Kerala
13/12/23I-LNamdhari0 – 1Mohammedan
17/12/23I-LChurchill Brothers0 – 0Mohammedan
24/12/23I-LMohammedan2 – 1NEROCA
27/01/24CLFOrlando PiratesCANCMohammedan

Topscorers Statistics in I-League 2023/2024

Aizawl FC

PlayerGoals (G)Penalty Goals (PG)
L. Lalbiaknia92
J. Zoherliana30
K. Lalrinfela20
R. Lalthanmawia20
R. Ramdinthara20

Mohammedan

PlayerGoals (G)Penalty Goals (PG)
D. Lalhlansanga40
L. Fanai30
E. Hernández30
M. Kasimov20
S. Lalmuanpuia20

General Statistics

AizawlMohammedan
TotalHomeAwayTotalHomeAway
Rank41
Matches played11471165
Wins514844
Draws422321
Losses211000
Goals for2261621147
Goals against1477752
Points19514271413
Clean sheets312413
Avg. goals scored p/m21.52.291.912.331.4
Avg. goals conceded p/m1.271.7510.640.830.4
Avg. time 1st goal scored35m51m24m33m23m45m
Avg. time 1st goal conced.33m34m33m62m51m90m
Failed to score101101
Biggest victory5 – 13 – 05 – 16 – 06 – 02 – 0
Biggest defeat1 – 51 – 51 – 2

Aizawl FC vs. Mohammedan Sporting Club: Winning Prediction

Mohammedan Sporting Club

  • Current Standings: 1st in the I-League, with a 4-point lead over Aizawl FC.
  • Recent Form: 5 wins in the last 6 matches, with the only blemish a 1-1 draw against Real Kashmir. They’re scoring freely and keeping things tight at the back.
  • Strengths: Strong attacking unit led by the prolific Marcus Joseph and the creative Suhail Pasha, coupled with a solid defense marshaled by skipper Shaughn Paul.
  • Weaknesses: Can be vulnerable to counter-attacks, especially against pacey teams like Aizawl FC.

Aizawl FC

  • Current Standings: 4th in the I-League, 4 points behind Mohammedan Sporting Club.
  • Recent Form: Won 3 of their last 5 matches, including a convincing 3-1 win against RoundGlass Punjab. They’ve shown flashes of their attacking prowess, but inconsistency has plagued them.
  • Strengths: Fast and energetic attacking trio of Lalremsanga, David Lalrinmuana, and Malsawmtluanga. They’re also dangerous from set-pieces.
  • Weaknesses: Can be shaky in defense, especially against organized teams like Mohammedan Sporting Club. Their midfield can sometimes lack control in the middle of the park.

Prediction

Mohammedan Sporting Club are clear favorites going into this match, based on their current form and league standings. Their strong attack and solid defense make them a tough proposition for any team. However, Aizawl FC are a dangerous opponent, especially at home. Their pacey attack can cause problems for Mohammedan Sporting Club’s defense.

Mohammedan Sporting Club have a 60% chance of winning, with Aizawl FC having a 30% chance of pulling off an upset. The remaining 10% is reserved for a draw, which wouldn’t be a surprise considering the tight nature of the recent encounters between these two teams.

I-League Table on 30/01/2024

#TeamMPDP*
1Mohammedan111427
2Real Kashmir111220
3Sreenidi Deccan111120
4Aizawl11819
5Shillong Lajong11419
6Gokulam Kerala11817
7Delhi FC11216
8Inter Kashi11-515
9Rajasthan United11-612
10Churchill Brothers10312
11Namdhari11-118
12NEROCA11-187
13TRAU11-224

* MP – Matches Played; D – Goal Difference; P – Points.

lottabet banner 728x90

Report About Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium

The Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium is located in the eastern suburb of Uppal, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. Owned and operated by the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA), the stadium serves as the home ground for both the Hyderabad Cricket Association and the Indian Premier League team Sunrisers Hyderabad. Established in 2003, the stadium became match-ready in 2006, driven by the necessity for a large ground and an exclusive cricket facility in Uppal. It is also commonly referred to as Uppal Stadium.

With a maximum capacity of 55,000, the stadium sprawls across 16 acres (65,000 m²) of land. Its history is marked by the inaugural match played in 2005 between India and South Africa. As of October 18, 2023, the stadium has hosted 5 Tests, 10 ODIs, and 3 T20Is. Notably, it hosted the opener and final of the 2017 Indian Premier League and the final of the 2019 Indian Premier League. Additionally, the stadium marked its entry into ICC events by hosting matches during the 2023 Cricket World Cup.

About I-League

The I-League is the men’s second-tier of the Indian football league system. It was founded in 2007 as the successor to the National Football League, with the first season starting in November 2007. The competition was launched as India’s first-ever top-tier professional football league with the aim to increase the player pool for the India national team.

Currently, the I-League is contested by 13 clubs. The winners get promoted to the Indian Super League. The I-League operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the I-League 2. Since the inception of the I-League, a total of seven clubs have been crowned champions. Dempo has won the most titles in league history, being crowned champions three times.

The I-League was formed after the 2006–07 NFL season. The league’s first season consisted of eight teams from the previous NFL campaign and two teams from the 2nd Division to form a 10-team league. The league announced a change in their foreign-player restrictions with the new rule being that all the clubs could sign four foreigners – three non-Asian and one which must be Asian.