ISL Match Prediction Punjab FC vs. East Bengal FC, Apr 10

East Bengal has a better chance of winning (around 55% chance) due to their recent form and historical edge.

Home / Sports Predictions / Football Predictions / ISL Match Prediction Punjab FC vs. East Bengal FC, Apr 10

Match Details 

Teams: Punjab FC vs. East Bengal FC

Stadium: Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi, India

SeriesIndia Super League (ISL)

Hours of play: 19:30

Match day: Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Probable Starting 11

Punjab FC

  • Goalkeeper: Since they recently secured their first win, Vikneshwaran Krishnan could retain his spot.
  • Defenders: Franjo Prce, Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Davinder Singh, Aniket Jadhav (These players have been consistent in recent matches)
  • Midfielders: Juan Mera, Sumeet Pasra, Luís Fabiano (Key performers in Punjab’s midfield)
  • Forwards: Daniel Aguirre, Kurtis Guthrie (Their attacking partnership has shown promise)

East Bengal FC

  • Goalkeeper: Prabhsukhan Singh Gill (Reliable choice based on recent performances)
  • Defenders: Harmanjot Khabra, Lalchungnunga, Hijazi Maher, Mandar Rao Dessai (Solid defensive unit)
  • Midfielders: Souvik Chakrabarti, Saul Crespo, Borja Herrera (These players provide control and creativity in midfield)
  • Forwards: Nandhakumar Sekar, Cleiton Silva (Silva is a new signing and could potentially make his debut alongside Sekar)
East Bengal FC - 2022 2023 Season

Teams Head to Head: Recent Matches 

DateTeam 1ScoreTeam 2
Dec 9, 2023East Bengal0-0Minerva Punjab
Feb 13, 2020East Bengal1-1Minerva Punjab
Dec 7, 2019Minerva Punjab1-1East Bengal
Mar 3, 2019Minerva Punjab0-1East Bengal
Dec 4, 2018East Bengal0-1Minerva Punjab
Feb 13, 2018Minerva Punjab0-1East Bengal
Jan 21, 2018East Bengal2-2Minerva Punjab
Apr 23, 2017East Bengal3-1Minerva Punjab
Jan 29, 2017Minerva Punjab0-5East Bengal

Teams Recent Performance 

Last 5 Games of Punjab FC

DateLeagueHome TeamScoreAway Team
15/02/24ISLPunjab0 – 4Jamshedpur
27/02/24ISLHyderabad0 – 2Punjab
02/03/24ISLPunjab2 – 3Mumbai City
07/03/24ISLNorthEast United0 – 1Punjab
11/03/24ISLPunjab3 – 3Goa

Last 5 Games of East Bengal FC

DateLeagueHome TeamScoreAway Team
22/02/24ISLJamshedpur2 – 1East Bengal
26/02/24ISLEast Bengal1 – 0Chennaiyin
29/02/24ISLOdisha2 – 1East Bengal
06/03/24ISLGoa1 – 0East Bengal
10/03/24ISLEast Bengal1 – 3Mohun Bagan

Topscorers Statistics in ISL 2023/2024

Punjab FC

PunjabGoalsPenalty Goals
L. Majcen71
W. Jordán61
M. Talal40
Juan Mera20
M. Assisi10

East Bengal FC

East BengalGoalsPenalty Goals
Cleiton Silva72
N. Sekar50
M. Naorem20
F. Brown Forbes10
A. Chhetri10

General Statistics

PunjabEast Bengal
Matches played1991019109
Goals for23111220119
Goals against30151522913
Clean sheets514752
Avg. goals scored p/m1.
Avg. goals conceded p/m1.581.671.
Avg. time 1st goal scored50m52m49m33m45m21m
Avg. time 1st goal conced.35m31m39m38m33m41m
Failed to score633642
Biggest victory3 – 13 – 12 – 05 – 05 – 01 – 0
Biggest defeat0 – 40 – 41 – 51 – 31 – 30 – 1

Punjab FC vs. East Bengal FC: Winning Prediction

Punjab FC

  • Strengths:
    • Playing at home, which can provide a slight advantage, though their home form hasn’t been great.
    • Historically, they’ve had some success against East Bengal, winning 1 out of 9 meetings.
  • Weaknesses:
    • Very poor home form this season, averaging only 1 point per game.
    • Struggling defensively, conceding goals consistently.

East Bengal FC

  • Strengths:
    • Recent win against Punjab FC in the Durand Cup suggests momentum and tactical understanding.
    • Overall head-to-head record favors them with 4 wins out of 9 meetings.
  • Weaknesses:
    • Poor away form this season, averaging only 0.67 points per game.
    • Inconsistent defensive performances, conceding a decent amount of goals.


Based on current form, East Bengal appears to be the favorite. Their recent win against Punjab and slightly better historical record provide an edge. However, Punjab’s home advantage and past success against East Bengal shouldn’t be completely discounted.

Considering the following factors:

  • Recent form: East Bengal has been slightly more consistent.
  • Head-to-head: East Bengal has a slight advantage historically.
  • Home advantage: Punjab has a small home-field benefit.

Prediction: This match is likely to be a close contest. However, East Bengal has a better chance of winning (around 55% chance) due to their recent form and historical edge. A draw is also a possibility (around 30% chance). Punjab’s victory seems less likely (around 15% chance) given their current struggles.

India Super League (ISL) Table on 02/04/2024

1Mumbai City20135239162344
2Mohun Bagan19123440251539
5Kerala Blasters199372724330
10NorthEast United194872432-820
11East Bengal194692022-218

* MP – Matches Played; W – Wins; D – Draws; L – Losses; F – Goals For (the number of goals the team has scored); A – Goals Against (the number of goals the team has conceded); D – Goals Difference (Goals scored – Goals conceded); P – Points.

lottabet banner 728x90

Report About Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium

Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium is a multi-sports facility situated in New Delhi, India. The stadium is named after the first Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Originally constructed by the Government of India, it served as the venue for athletic events and ceremonies during the 1982 Asian Games. Substantial renovations and modernization took place for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. It is part of the Jawaharlal Nehru sports complex in central Delhi, which also houses the headquarters of the Sports Authority of India.

An all-seated stadium with a capacity of 60,254, making it the fourth-largest stadium in India, 27th largest in Asia, and the 103rd largest in the world in terms of seating capacity. The stadium can also accommodate music concerts with up to 100,000 spectators. From 2014 to 2019, it served as the home ground for the former Indian Super League football club Delhi Dynamos. Due to its oval shape, it is suitable for hosting various sporting events, including cricket.

About Indian Super League (ISL)

The Indian Super League (ISL) is the men’s highest level of the Indian football league system. It was founded on 21 October 2013 with the aim of growing the sport of football in India and increasing its exposure in the country. The league is co-promoted by Reliance, Star India, and supported by the All India Football Federation (AIFF).

The ISL began play in October 2014 with eight teams. During its first three seasons, the competition operated without official recognition from the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), which is the governing body for the sport in Asia. It was structured along the same lines as the Indian Premier League, the country’s premier Twenty20 franchise-based cricket competition. Each season lasted just three months, from October to December, and matches were held daily.

However, before the 2017–18 season, the league expanded to ten teams, extended its schedule to six months, and earned recognition from the AFC. The season runs from September to March and includes a 22-round regular season followed by playoffs involving the top six teams, culminating with the ISL Final to determine the champions. At the end of the regular season, the team with the most points is declared the premiers and presented with the League Winners’ Shield.

Currently, the league comprises 12 clubs. ISL clubs gain qualification to the Asian continental club competitions; regular-season premiers qualify directly for the subsequent season’s AFC Cup group stage. The league has received unmatched visibility in a short span of time and is speculated to be one of the top-tier leagues in India after the I-League.

Rudra Chanda